The symposium is designed for faculty who teach or are interested in teaching online courses, as well as professional staff involved in online course design and related technologies. It is open to both Rowan University employees and non-employees.
The Rowan Online Learning Symposium will cover a variety of topics including best practices in teaching, techniques and strategies for engaging online learners, trends in teaching and online technology, ensuring course quality during development using the Quality Review, and experiences in online education from both faculty and student perspectives.
The symposium will take place from 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at Rowan Hall on Rowan University’s main campus in downtown Glassboro.
Betty Long Rowan Hall Auditorium
600 North Campus Drive
Glassboro, New Jersey 08028
Rowan Online is seeking proposals for our Rowan Online Learning Symposium 2017 conference.
We seek proposals for interactive and engaging presentation sessions that educate and inform participants related to one of the conference’s topics.
Join us as we explore the following topics:
- Best practices in teaching and lessons learned in online courses (by faculty and students)
- Techniques and strategies for engaging online learners
- Ensuring course quality during development
- Online technology trends (e.g., Gamification, web conferencing, online exam proctoring)
Length of Presentations
Presentations can either be 20 or 40 minutes in length. Each presentation should include at least 5 minutes for questions, answers, and discussion with the audience within the allotted time for your session.
Know Your Audience
Proposed sessions will be targeted to faculty members interested in online instruction, as well as staff and administrators, instructional support, and technologists in higher education.
Who Can Submit
Presenters in higher education from the following areas are encouraged to submit proposals:
- Educational technology leaders
- Instructional designers
- Instructional technologists
Deadline for Proposals
Deadline to submit is March 24, 2017 at 11:59PM ET.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be:
- Automatically registered for the conference and any related registration fees (if any) will be waived.
- Asked to prepare a presentation.
- Asked to email your PowerPoint slides, all handouts (in PDF file format), or other presentation materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2017.
Below is a timeline for proposals (if accepted):
- Proposals due by March 24, 2017 at 11:59PM ET
- Notification of acceptance by April 7, 2017
- Deadline for presenters to accept is April 14, 2017
- If accepted, presenters will be automatically registered for the event, and any related registration fees (if any) will be waived.
- Final presentation upload date is May 12, 2017
The following standard AV equipment will be provided in the Betty Long Rowan Hall Auditorium:
- Desktop PC
- Projector and screen
- A universal VGA cable and HDMI cable to accommodate both PC and Macintosh platforms
- Audio output capability for laptops and the desktop PC
- An Internet connection via ethernet cord or Wifi
- Microphones will be supplied
Submit Your Proposal
Interested in submitting a proposal? Click on the button below and complete our Presentation Proposal Form today. Rowan Online thanks you for your proposal submission for our Rowan Online Learning Symposium 2017 conference.
Registration is free for Rowan employees and affiliates and $25 for non-employees. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Registration is required for all attendees. Seating is limited and early registration is recommended. To register online, please go to: http://marketplace.rowanonline.com/ROLS
A detailed schedule for the symposium, including presentation titles, descriptions and start times will be posted closer to the date of the event. Please note that presentation sessions are approximately 40 minutes in length followed by a 10 minute break. (A 40-minute session may be comprised of two 20-minute presentations.) Lunch will be 30 minutes in length.
For All ROLS Attendees
Rowan Hall has two adjoining parking lots, Lot D and M-1. Please follow signage upon arrival.
View Campus Maps
To learn where these parking lots are located on campus, please review the maps on the Visiting Rowan: Main Glassboro Campus page.
If you have any questions, please email ROLS@rowanonline.com or call 856-256-5164 today.
The recordings of the symposium sessions in 2016 are available online. So if you missed 2016’s Rowan Online Learning Symposium or you couldn’t attend every session that you wanted to see, you can now watch the complete recordings. Click on the button below to view the videos.
Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships was developed to take some of Rowan University's most in-demand graduate and undergraduate degree programs and make them more affordable and accessible to working adults in the Southern New Jersey region and beyond.
Rowan Online, a division of Rowan Global, develops, delivers, and supports all online and hybrid courses and programs for Rowan University.
To learn more about Rowan Global and Rowan Online, please visit www.rowanu.com/online