- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
- Tuition & Costs
About the Program
The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher of Students with Disabilities (PB: TOSD) program is offered in partnership with Rowan’s NCATE accredited College of Education. It fosters an understanding of students with special needs and provides the pedagogical skills to accommodate them. Rowan’s College of Education has been awarded the first Program of Distinction in Teacher Education by the New Jersey Department of Higher Education.
The Post-Baccalaureate TOSD is a part-time program offered in an accelerated online format. This endorsement requires the completion of 22 to 27 undergraduate semester hours (7-9 courses) depending upon possible transfer credits. Each course requires classroom field placement in local area schools.
Each course is scheduled in 8 week modules with each week of work starting every Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. and ending every Monday at midnight (Eastern Standard Time). The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|SPED 08130||Human Exceptionality||3|
|SPED 08307||Assessment of Students with Exceptional Learning Needs (ELNs)||3|
|SPED 08308||Assistive Technology and Transition Planning for Students with ELNs||3|
|READ 30280||Teaching Literacy||3|
|READ 30351||Differentiated Literacy Instruction||2|
|SPED 08316||Differentiated Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom||2|
|SPED 08360||Positive Behavioral Support Systems||3|
|SPED 08415||Specialized Instruction for ELNs||3|
|SPED 08445||Clinical Seminar||1|
|SPED 08450||Clinical Practice||4|
|Total Semester Hours: 22–27|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the Teacher of Students with Disabilities Post-Baccalaureate program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed CGCE Post-Baccalaureate Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- A one-page essay detailing the reasons for desiring the Teacher of Students with Disability Endorsement
- A copy of initial NJ Certificate of Eligibility (CE) in Elementary Education or appropriate Content Area
- A copy of second NJ Certificate of Eligibility (CE) in Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Official Praxis II score report in Elementary Education or Secondary Education areas. (The Praxis II score report is only required if your NJ Certification was received prior to 1994.)
- Optional interview with the Faculty Admissions Committee
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of Post-Baccalaureate TOSD anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Summer 2014 – Module 5||05/06/2014||04/01/2014|
Tuition & Costs
$441 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)