- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates and Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Teacher Leadership program is offered in partnership with Rowan’s NCATE accredited College of Education. It is designed for teachers who want to develop and hone their leadership skills but wish to remain in the classroom. Candidates work with curriculum, become mentor/master teachers, and develop new programs aimed at improving schooling for all children.
Curriculum - Program Code: .COMED-TCHLD/Major Code: G815
The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership is a part-time program offered in an accelerated online format. This degree requires the completion of 33 to 36 graduate semester hours (11-12 courses) in six consecutive semesters. The following three components make up the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership program:
I. Core Courses(18 semester hours) in teaching and learning
II. Content Area CoursesChoose from one of the following:
- Educational Technology
- Special Education
- English as a Second Language
III. Program Exit– a professional synthesis portfolio and a teacher leadership presentation
Each course is scheduled in 8 week modules with each week of work starting every Tuesday at 8:00a.m. and ending every Monday at 11:59p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the Master of Education in Teacher Leadership program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed Graduate-level CGCE Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives (including your definition of a teacher leader)
- Two letters of recommendation
- M.Ed. Content COGS Declaration Form (pdf)
- NJ Standard or CEAS Teaching Certification (required only for Special Ed. Content COGS)
- This program requires regular access to a classroom for course assignments and is designed for practicing teachers who are currently teaching and have at least one full academic year of teaching experience before beginning the program.
- Please include with your application materials a signed statement confirming that you are actively teaching and have been teaching for at least one academic year.
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Below is a list of Online M. Ed. anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Summer 2013 – Module 6||TBD||06/01/2013|
|Fall 2013 – Module 1||Late Aug./Early Sept.||08/01/2013|
|Summer 2014 – Module 5||TBD||04/01/2014|
|Summer 2014 – Module 6||TBD||06/01/2014|
Tuition and Costs
$700 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)