- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates and Application Deadlines
About the Program
This program meets the requirements specified by the state of New Jersey and is designed to serve the person who has already earned a Master's degree in some field and who wants to qualify as a supervisor in the public schools; one who is charged with authority and responsibility for the continuing direction and guidance of the work of instructional personnel. Students outside the state of NJ must consult with their state department of education for certification requirements.
Teachers in the state of New Jersey may apply to the Supervisor Certification program through the New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP). For more information including NJTOP tuition rates click here.
Curriculum - Program Code: .COGCT-SPRVR / Major Code: G629
Total semester hours required graduate work for program completion: 12 s. h.
Thesis Requirement: None
The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|EDSU 28546||Educational Organizations & Leadership||3|
|CURR 29580||Fundamentals of Curriculum Development||3|
|EDSU 28522||Instructional Leadership & Supervision||3|
|CURR 29590||Curriculum Evaluation||3|
|Total Semester Hours: 12|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the Supervisor Certification program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed Graduate-level CGCE Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Master's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Candidates who do not yet have a Master’s degree, may instead be currently matriculated in a Master’s degree program at Rowan University at the time of application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- While the official Recommendation Form is required, an actual letter from the recommender is preferred.
- Letters of recommendation should be from the candidate’s superintendent, supervisor, or from a professional colleague attesting to the candidate’s potential as a supervisor.
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Must include reasons for pursuing this program
- Copies of current NJ (or other state) teaching or educational services certificate
- Only the Standard Certificate is acceptable.
- Letter confirming at least 3 years of satisfactory full-time teaching or educational services experience
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Below is a list of Supervisor Certification program anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Spring 2014 – Module 3||Early Jan.||11/15/2013|
Tuition and Costs
$700 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)